Monday, October 6, 2008

Just Because...

I think these are amazing, I think I will post them:

TOP TRADITIONAL CATHOLIC PICK UP LINES

1. May I offer you a light for that votive candle?

2. Hi there. My buddy and I were wondering if you would settle a dispute we're having. Do you think the word should be pronounced HOMEschooling, or homeSCHOOLing?

3. Sorry, but I couldn't help but noticing how cute you look in that ankle-length, shapeless, plaid jumper.

4. What's a nice girl like you doing at a First Saturday Rosary Cenacle like this?

5. You don't like the culture of death either? Wow! We have so much in common!

6. Let's get out of here. I know a much cozier little Catholic bookstore downtown.

7. I bet I can guess your confirmation name.

8. You've got stunning scapular-brown eyes.

9. Did you feel what I felt when we reached into the holy water font at the same time?

10. Confess here often?

11. Care to join me for bread and water at lunch on Friday? (eg during Lent or Advent).

12. In church shop: Would you help me pick out a holy card for my mother?

13. May I adjust that kneeler for you?

14. Do you follow the Mass in Latin or in English translation?

15. Would you care to join me for coffee on Sunday morning, say 15 minutes after Latin Mass in the Church Hall?

16. What's your favorite virtue?

17. How does fish and beer sound for dinner?

18. Do you always sing the Te Deum so sweetly?

19. Would you mind if I consecrate your lovely smile to the Blessed Mother?

20. Would you and at least two chaperons care to join me for dinner?

21. You're so cute when you try to keep your veil from sliding off!

22. I like your 10 younger brothers and sisters but I like you more.

23. Did you hear the same homily that I heard?

24. Care to take a ride in my 15 passenger van?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I just wanted to say "Thank you," Heather, because I love these and it reminds me of just how excellent Saint Stephen's is!

Student Nurse said...

LOL! These are hilarious...can I share them?

sHANNON said...

20. Would you and at least two chaperons care to join me for dinner?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
thats awesome!


HEATHER! What is that one Fr. Lebel added! Its SOO funny!

Unknown said...

Of course you can share them! :) I have no idea whose they were, I just thought they were hysterical, and so I posted them!

bakerstreetrider said...

I saw the first ten or so in Envoy Magazine a few years back. I think that is where they came from.

Top Ten Reasons to wear a Chapel Veil:

10. They look cool

9. Your boyfriend can find you in chapel simply by seeing the back of your head. Boyfriends of bare-headed women wander in vain.

8. They cover up bad hair days.

7. And days when you didn't have time to wash your hair.

6. And curlers.

5. If you need to create a diversion, you can lean too close to a candle and light it on fire.

4. They were recommended by St. Paul and made mandatory by Pope St. Linus.

3. They double as garrotes.

2. They are just soooo fascinating. Right up there with polkadots.

1. They honor the Real Presence in the Blessed Sacrament

Unknown said...

I like that list! The chapel veils are quite excellent, I think women look about seven times more attractive with them on! :-)